Join us for this one time Block Exchange for the "Village" quilt. Purchase this Village Block Exchange Starter Set and we will send you all of the background fabric that you need to make the quilt (four 7/8 yard cuts or 3.5 yards total) plus a copy of the "Exchange Rulers". We’re going to try and keep this as simple as possible but we do need to have some ground rules so that everyone will be happy with the blocks they receive. Here is a basic outline of how this is going to work (please read ALL of the exchange rules below before you begin making blocks):
- Buy your background fabric starter pack to use for all of your house backgrounds.
- Following the exchange rules below, make between 10 and 50 house blocks according to the directions in the pattern “Village” by Miss Rosie’s Quilt Company. Pattern can be purchased from Pieceful Gathering or found free online.
- Mail or drop blocks off before the end of October. If you are mailing, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for us to return blocks in.
- We will exchange and return blocks to you by the end of November.
- House Backgrounds - use only the fabrics provided in your Background Fabric Starter Pack.
- House Fabrics –use only quilt shop quality 100% cotton fabrics that you got from (or could have gotten from) Pieceful Gathering Quilt Shop. We are going for a darker, more traditional, “Pieceful Gathering” look. Please stay away from batiks, “brights” & novelty prints (things you wouldn’t find at Pieceful Gathering). See picture below for inspiration.
- Press completed blocks and trim away loose threads.
- All blocks must be checked for accuracy and must measure 5 ½” x 7” unfinished before trading.
- Do not send in more than 8 identical (or vary similar) blocks - we’re looking for variety here!
- Use your very best fabric in your blocks.
- It is likely you will not be thrilled with every block you receive in the trade. Accept that and make-do with the blocks you are given as our quilting ancestors did. In the grand scheme of the hundreds of blocks in the quilt, each will fit in quite nicely and be beautiful!
Katie & Carrie will be checking blocks as they come in and will have the final say on whether or not blocks meet the specified guidelines. If blocks do not meet the guidelines, they will be returned to you. Don’t hesitate to e-mail if you have questions.